Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: DE Joseph Carter (JUCO)

DE Joseph Carter (JUCO)

Now showing as a soft verbal to Arizona on rivals and listed "High" on Nebraska....I think his visit last Saturday may have turned his head and he has his bud Stafford "N" already.....I think its a matter of time before he is "N"....also tells me Bo & Carl think he can contribute ASAP....we have had a great record on JUCO transfers under Bo.....Gomes, David, Kennie, Yoshi and if all I have heard on Jean-Baptiste (4-4 guy) is true he is going to be a great one too....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Great news. Looking forward to it coming true and Carter being "N".
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Thanks for sharing RR. Hopefully, this will turn into some great news! Any word on the Tevin Mitchel grumblings he is going to visit Arkansas? Thanks for all the info and updates you provide!

His Dad is from Arkansas and played at OU....I remember when he committed there were some concerns that Arkansas and OU would keep banging on his door....I am not a fan at all of Bobby Petrino who I think is a scum for what he did to Louisville and the Atlanta Falcons.....I wouldn't let my son play for him....but best of luck to Tevin what ever he decides....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker X View Post
    Thanks for sharing RR. Hopefully, this will turn into some great news! Any word on the Tevin Mitchel grumblings he is going to visit Arkansas? Thanks for all the info and updates you provide!

RR, Isn't his buddy Stafford the guy who was dropped to a "soft" verbal recently?

Yes but he is back solid again...will take no other visits then Nebraska....thanked the coaches for understanding and sticking with him in an uncertain time....Stafford is a good one....a JUCO who can help right away....in the mold of LaVonte David...a kid who came from an awful background....moved in with Toby Gerhart's (Stanford and MN Vikings) family in high school.....a real godo kid according to Toby's dad who is a coach himself...

Quote Originally Posted by O'Husker View Post
    RR, Isn't his buddy Stafford the guy who was dropped to a "soft" verbal recently?

All Legend
    Red Reign:

Who will be the next 3 or 4 next commits for the Huskers? Maybe the question should be who are the recruits Nebraska has the best chance to get in the next few weeks.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Thanks RR! That is good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yes but he is back solid again...will take no other visits then Nebraska....thanked the coaches for understanding and sticking with him in an uncertain time....Stafford is a good one....a JUCO who can help right away....in the mold of LaVonte David...a kid who came from an awful background....moved in with Toby Gerhart's (Stanford and MN Vikings) family in high school.....a real godo kid according to Toby's dad who is a coach himself...
    The Gerhart family is friends with the Martinez family, correct? Does this mean Stafford knew Taylor previously?

I don't know if they are or not...anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    The Gerhart family is friends with the Martinez family, correct? Does this mean Stafford knew Taylor previously?

Toby Gerharts dad was Martinez's QB his sophmore or jr year. They lived like basically next door to each other or something. Earlier this year there was a picture I saw of Taylor and Toby together.

story from the weird herald

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100520/BIGRED/705219999