Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
  • AND THE WINNER OF THE "NAME BO'S CAT CONTEST" IS:

Readers: You have done it. Thanks to your help, you have selected the winner "Name Bo's Cat" contest. But before the winner is announced, here's a recap:

The contest stemmed from the "cutsie-wootsie" cat Bo Pelini carried during the "Tunnel Walk" just before last month's Husker Spring Fling Game. To add to the emotion of the event, Coach Pelini held the little furry feline over his head, as if to announce to all the 62,000 Husker faithful that, "Hey, I've changed. I'm a new man. No more of my insulting sideline reporters, no more displays of contempt for the sportswriters at my 'pressers' and no sidleline meltdowns with officials or players. No siree Bob. I've turned over a new leaf. I'm the "New and Improved" Bo Pelini."

Brings tear to your eyes, right?

Sigh.

So Husker Dan asked you, the faithful readers (all 9 of you) to send me your cat names.

Last week with the help of my over worked and under paid staff, the list was whittled down to eight finalists.

You were then asked to vote for your top choice. The race was really a close one. Some of you (and you know who you are) continued to submit names, even though the final names had already been announced. And to add insult to injury, some of you actually voted for Who Cares? and Who Gives a Rip?

So here's how the voting went:

Coming in at Number Three: Just Plane Kitty
    At Number Two: Miss Kitty Purrini

Dim the lights. And the winner of the "Name Bo's Cat" contest is:

Suh Purr Cat sent by C.J. from Plano, Texas.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to vote. (BTW, C.J. wins the keys to a brand new BMW. Nope. No car, just the keys.)

You may contact the writer at HuskerDan@cox.net

Comments 3 Comments
      Unregistered -
      What, no one suggested "Fauxlix the cat"????
      cactusboy -
      #fail
      Unregistered -
      Agreed... How is this HuskerMax worthy news?
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Who is Head coach of Volleyball?