Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
  • Through These Gates Scottsbluff Screening

The first Nebraska screening of Through These Gates was held in Scottsbluff on Thursday, August 22nd at the historic Midwest Theater. The participating non-profit was the Midwest Theater which is owned by the community and staffed with volunteers. A special thanks to theater manager Billy Estes and board member Dr. Tom Rohrick who made the initial inquiry for the booking. Dr. Rohrick did double duty by giving me a upper back adjustment that has been bothering me for a week and I fell much better this morning.

Ryan and Irina drove out from Lincoln on the 21st and I flew in from San Jose after visiting our daughter Crystal and family. Ryan got to Scottsbluff long before I did as I missed my connecting flight in Denver on Great Lakes Airlines as my United flight was delayed. To add insult to injury my flight that I was rebooked on that evening was cancelled and I didn't get into Scottsbluff until the morning of the 22nd.

In spite of the 21 hours it took to get from San Jose to Scottsbluff I was able to go with Ryan to a television interview and two radio interviews. Here is the podcast from one of the radio interviews.

During our tour we plan on eating at local Mom and Pop restaurants or "one of's" at each town we do screenings in. There were some discussions on the BBS about local Scottsbluff eateries and one was Ole's Mexican restaurant. We had lunch there and give it two thumbs up. At Ole's we ran into Mark Sitzman and he wife who have been to previous HuskerMax events. Ogahusker from the BBS also helped us out with accomodations at the Hampton Inn who were nice enough to give us a late check out time. Dinner was at Sam and Louie's in downtown Scottsbluff and the pizza was awesome.

The screening was attended by 359 people and it was the first time the film was shown on a big screen. They had a cash bar in addition to the tradional popcorn and pop plus mini Runzas. The best compliment we got was from local sports guru Rob Barney of KNEB.com who told Ryan he "nailed it." It was great to have the first Nebraska screening in a historic community owned theater and get the turn out that we did.

Today, August 23rd, we will be at the new Alliance High School performing arts center with a portion of the proceeds going to the Alliance High School Women's Basketball team sponsored by William Hall of Sam and Louie's Pizza with the support of the Alliance Chamber of Commerce. Saturday, August 24th we will be in Denver (Westminster), CO.

Cell phone coverage bars: Verizon 5 bars, AT&T 2 bars, Sprint 0 bars.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Who is the wide receivers coach

• Video player

• Recent Forum threads

HuskerWeatherman

15 Years

Thread Starter: HuskerWeatherman

I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been some sort of recognition already.

Huskerpedia's (now HuskerMax) original members came onto the forum

Last Post By: ShuckIt 1 Minute Ago Go to last post
    ThotDoc

Fleetwood Mac at the Verizon Center

Thread Starter: ThotDoc

Saw Fleetwood Mac tonight at the Verizon Center in DC as part of their recent tour that brings together all five of the band members. At 59 I'm feeling

Last Post By: ThotDoc 8 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Red Reign

Nebraska vs Purdue Game Thread

Thread Starter: Red Reign

Game Nine is upon us....seems like the season has flown by.....the Husker enter the game at 7-1 and ranked 15th in the nation....

Only one

Last Post By: cthusker 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    BoLiever

Pretty Insulting - Charges of Nepotism

Thread Starter: BoLiever

Seen this thrown around a lot regarding Cotton and Pelini.

Wonder how many people actually believe that Bo and his staff would choose family

Last Post By: huskernut 39 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    carrolltonsker

NU v. Rutgers Game Thread

Thread Starter: carrolltonsker

My PBP might be a little sketchy tonight depending on how many trick-or-treaters I have. I am still waiting for the audio to kick in.

Last Post By: SWB 5 Hours Ago Go to last post