Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
  • Get involved with the “Through These Gates” documentary

My friend Ryan Tweedy is producing a documentary about Husker fans that will be released in the fall of 2013. Ryan and his film crew will be regular visitors to our HuskerMax tailgate and our activities at the UCLA game. He also wants to hear from alumni chapter members to share their experiences as well. Here is his wish list that is posted on his website HuskersFilm.com.

Here are some ways you can get involved (These are just a start, we want to hear everything.):

#1: Share your personal stories with us about what it means to be a Husker to you. We’ll post the most creative, thoughtful, well written ones on our blog and they may possibly be used in our documentary. You can send them to us using the contacts tab.

#2: Do you have videos, photographs, ideas for things that need to be included in the film? Are you the craziest Husker fan? Do you know someone who is? Did you have a Husker wedding? Birthday party? Bar Mitzvah? Please share these experiences with us. However do not send original videos or photographs that you want returned because we can not accept responsibilty for lost or damaged items. Extra copies or digital files would be perfect. Please contact us if you have questions about getting them to us.

#3: Over the years Charlie McBride gave away many footballs before games. Did you or someone you know receive a ball from Coach McBride? Please share the story with us. We already spoke to Charlie about them and now we want to speak with you.

#4: Are you a walk-on? Do you know a walk-on? Please share your story with us. The walk-on program is one of the most fascinating parts of Husker nation. We would love to hear from you.

#5: We are independent production company with not only a passion for the Huskers but we also have day jobs. This film started out as a small project with a few ideas and as we unpeeled the onion so to speak it became bigger, fuller, and deeper than we ever imagined. We love having the opportunity to meet and talk with all the great Husker fans across the country. It's an honor to work on such a special project. However it is also a very expensive endeavor and we need all the help we can get. Travel expenses, equipment maintenance, crew and the like all cost money. We have a small budget and it's enough to get the basics. We want to make the biggest, most in-depth film about Husker fans and their communities as possible. The bigger our budget, the wider the reach of our stories. Please consider donating funds to our project. There are two ways you can donate. You can use the Paypal button, or if you prefer the good old fashioned postal system we have set up a P.O. box in Lincoln.

http://www.huskersfilm.com/get-involved/

Comments 1 Comment
      Bucky -
      I sent him a email. Although I might be considered an average Husker football fan, perhaps he'll like to read what I had to say about my passion for the Big Red.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Who is Head coach of fb.