• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Softball Forum

BigRedMax

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
We now have a new writer to follow Husker Women's softball and other sports as well. Creating this forum for the Husker softball fans.

Please welcome Maren Angus-Coombs as our featured softball writer.

a716fc3d-6a32-4ace-8c36-145b002c1d34.webp

Great to see this forum. My 9 year old daughter is very into softball now and dad is her travel team coach, so I am now in the “life” so to speak. Now here’s the bad part- she is an OU fan! Must be the exposure they get. But I will say, she is also a Bahl fan so she will root for both teams (until they play each other for the title)

I have two more daughters (3/6) who are also getting into softball already, so I’m thinking I’ll be checking this forum regularly for quite a few more years

Gbr!

Last edited:

Great to see this forum. My 9 year old daughter is very into softball now and dad is her travel team coach, so I am now in the “life” so to speak. Now here’s the bad part- she is an OU fan! Must be the exposure they get. But I will say, she is also a Bahl fan so she will root for both teams (until they play each other for the title)

I have two more daughters (3/6) who are also getting into softball already, so I’m thinking I’ll be checking this forum regularly for quite a few more years

Gbr!
Smart girl!;)

Last edited:
Glad to see this forum. Huge softball fan. Have a granddaughter and nephews daughter that both play on tournament teams and are starters on their high school team which has played in 5 straight state championship games winning three of them.

Have all session tickets to the WCWS, which is an absolutely amazing experience.

Gbr!
I’m in that life as well. I’ve coached a lot of select/travel softball teams over the years from 8u - 16u. I really enjoy coaching teams where I don’t have a kid on it…makes it easier. I stepped away 2 years ago as all my kids are in multiple activities now. My daughter plays on a second year 12u team. She could have a third year of 12u ball but I try to have her play up. As much as I enjoyed coaching her, it’s nice to just be a parent fan, too. I still give a few hitting and fielding lessons still here or there…I don’t do pitching though….at least not softball pitching.

Anyway, I love the game and I am glad there is a forum. Jordy as done a lot for the game both nationally and locally. She’s like a celebrity. I have seen her around Papillion and young softball players act like they have just seen Taylor Swift lol.

I’m in that life as well. I’ve coached a lot of select/travel softball teams over the years from 8u - 16u. I really enjoy coaching teams where I don’t have a kid on it…makes it easier. I stepped away 2 years ago as all my kids are in multiple activities now. My daughter plays on a second year 12u team. She could have a third year of 12u ball but I try to have her play up. As much as I enjoyed coaching her, it’s nice to just be a parent fan, too. I still give a few hitting and fielding lessons still here or there…I don’t do pitching though….at least not softball pitching.

Anyway, I love the game and I am glad there is a forum. Jordy as done a lot for the game both nationally and locally. She’s like a celebrity. I have seen her around Papillion and young softball players act like they have just seen Taylor Swift lol.
The pitching thing is rough. Right now my team has some decent players but our pitching is weak (so is our catching) and those are to me the two most important positions at the level we are at (10u). I have been working with the pitchers myself (sitting on a bucket with no protective gear on, luckily I was a first baseman and can scoop every pitch lol)

That's great to hear about Bahl's celebrity status. Even my daughter 1300 miles away knows who she is!

The pitching thing is rough. Right now my team has some decent players but our pitching is weak (so is our catching) and those are to me the two most important positions at the level we are at (10u). I have been working with the pitchers myself (sitting on a bucket with no protective gear on, luckily I was a first baseman and can scoop every pitch lol)

That's great to hear about Bahl's celebrity status. Even my daughter 1300 miles away knows who she is!
Oh yeah…pitching and catching are especially crucial at that age. Teams that can’t even hit or field well can be really good with 2 pitchers who throw strikes and a solid catcher. That will all change soon enough. If you have pitchers that are hard workers that will practice pitching all year round, you will be fine in a year.

I still haven’t seen any info come out on Jordy? I’m hoping that it’s a hyperextended knee and not like a PCL or something like that. Should get a MRI today I would imagine. Those fields weren’t kept well and I believe they were part clay. I doubt they were filling and tamping between games like they should.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back