• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordy Bahl Update

Terrible…feel bad for Jordy and the team. JB works hard, she will come back strong.

Nebraska still has some talent and should be competitive. Let’s see what they do down in Las Cruces. Jordy kind of fell into Revelle‘s lap and I’m hoping that could renew a spark in the program. It has (and brought local players like Bella back) so far. So this is ultra devastating. To be honest, I think the game has outgrown Revelle, at least at this level. She’s a legend here no doubt, but there’s an awful lot of local talent going elsewhere and I don’t think it’s any secret why around the local softball scene.

This team should still put up a good record even without Jordy. Hopefully they can keep building.

Side note - I was thinking about Jordy’s injury and the progression of softball in general. The new leaping rule is going to put pitchers at a greater risk for injury. Girls/women can tear knee ligaments easier than men and pitchers “leaping” will put more stress on their knee. Until biometric science and strength training catch up, I think we will see an uptick in injuries here.

Too many coaches and umpires can’t successfully distinguish between leaping and crow-hopping in real time and it’s becoming an issue in general. I see inexperienced coaches and fans completely melting down over it knowing the rule. I also see clubs and pitching coaches teaching it wrong.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back