• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chief Borders Transfering To Pitt

How do you know this is what happened? How do you know he wasn’t nudged out? We have to get rid of about 10 scholarships and that doesn’t include what Rhule still might want to grab from the portal. A lot of negative assumptions about the kid.
1 year brotha. Stay and earn it. I seriously doubt he was forced out. Sounded to me like they had plans for him, but it wasn’t enough for him.

What’s wrong with that? You get 4 years. If you want to play, go somewhere that you will get PT
He was going to play at NU. He played in every game last season. Rhule sounded like they liked him much this off season. As per your take? He played a year at Florida, and now a year at Nebraska, and who knows where he will be next? What ever happened to competition? Scared of it? If you keep taking the easy way out, it’s gonna show up.

Exactly. If he ends up being good enough to go to the NFL, I’m 1000% NOT taking him. He’s shown his desire to compete and win. Now, he is seemingly chasing a bag of booster money. Good luck.

Would you take a coach who jumps around jobs a lot? Because this is really no different.

Yea we all knew there would be some shockers but even this one surprises me a bit. I'll re-emphasize what I have felt all along. The transfer portal isn't just about guys wanting to transfer......its as much about guys getting pushed out. Most of the transfers at this point are guys who are being told they are not in the picture either as a youngster in the three deep or a seasoned guy not being a starter. I have to believe Chief wasn't given the nod he was hoping for.
I also think it is about getting paid. Just a thought tho.

Exactly. If he ends up being good enough to go to the NFL, I’m 1000% NOT taking him. He’s shown his desire to compete and win. Now, he is seemingly chasing a bag of booster money. Good luck.
If you do any kind of hiring anymore nearly every resume is filled with 2-3 years stints at jobs. Not uncommon to see a 35 year old with 5+ jobs in the past 10-15 years.

Reminds me of an old Coach Bill Parcells quote! " You can fake a lot of things in life, but work ethic is not one of them" If you are afraid to work under Coach Rhule you will not be around long.

So if he wasn’t forced out….who do you expect the other 10 that get forced out to be?
I don’t know. Not my job, but I don’t think it was him after what Rhule just said about him a week ago. I do, however understand NU is over the limit. They have a minute to figure that out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back