• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Tournament — Huskers win QF, lose SF in extra innings

weaver75

Special Counsel
10 Year Member
The Huskers won 2 of 3 in Minnesota over the weekend to secure a 4th place conference finish and first round bye in the tourney. They will play the winner of #5 Minnesota and #12 Illinois on Thursday at 1:30pm.

Huskers walk off against Minnesota in run rule style in bottom of the 5th inning. 11-2. On to the semifinals, against I think Indiana, who upset NW.

Number #46 RPI. There is a chance they can make they tourney. Very tough non conference schedule and some close losses. Pretty good for the injuries to the top pitchers. Sets up well for next season.
Huskers can’t hold 3-2 lead in 7th, lose to Indiana in extra innings. I am guessing they are on the tournament bubble.

Huskers can’t hold 3-2 lead in 7th, lose to Indiana in extra innings. I am guessing they are on the tournament bubble.
A foul ball lands between 3 players because no one called for it, and the batter ends up hitting a homer which puts it into extra innings where they lose the game. I don't know which was more pathetic the ending of the softball game or the baseball game.

No NCAA for Huskers. So Michigan and NW were locks, and even though the Huskers finished fourth and made the semis of the conference tournament, the third and fourth teams in were Indiana who beat NU in the semi, and PSU, who tied for 6,7 and 8. and lost in QF in the tournament. Both had marginally better RPIs.

Last edited:

No NCAA for Huskers. So Michigan and NW were locks, and even though the Huskers finished fourth and made the semis of the conference tournament, the third and fourth teams in were Indiana who beat NU in the semi, and PSU, who tied for 6,7 and 8. and lost in QF in the tournament. Both had marginally better RPIs.
Too bad. With all their beginning, and ongoing woes, they had a hell of a year. Congrats, Ladies! :Salute: :Rockon:

Last edited:
A foul ball lands between 3 players because no one called for it, and the batter ends up hitting a homer which puts it into extra innings where they lose the game. I don't know which was more pathetic the ending of the softball game or the baseball game.
Turns out this one play may be the reason their season ended, it seems the choice was down to Indiana and NU. I still think the Huskers deserved it more than PSU.
Next year.

All 13 SEC teams made it into the tournament. The SEC is certainly a much stronger conference overall; but, it seems surprising that the last place SEC team deserves the chance more than the fourth place Big Ten team.

All 13 SEC teams made it into the tournament. The SEC is certainly a much stronger conference overall; but, it seems surprising that the last place SEC team deserves the chance more than the fourth place Big Ten team.
WOW. And with Texas and Oklahoma joining next year, maybe 15 teams? The penalty for finishing last in the SEC ought to be no NCAA.

I'd like to see how the SEC teams scheduled their non-conference opponents. They may be the best conference top-to-bottom; but, are some of the teams in the bottom half beating enough teams from other conferences to 'prove' that they deserve a shot at a national championship?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back