• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Badger wire - this made me laugh

People think this is complementary football, but it isn't. Match that D with an equally good O to play against. How easy it for an opposing teams D to beat their O.
Iowa doesn't win against teams with very good offenses very often.
Can even be beat by teams with one great player on offense.
Not a KF fan at all, but with their D & ST’s they find ways to win without an even mediocre O!! N and MR need to find the way to win games, especially the one score games, which we have been miserable at! With reduction of turnovers, hopefully this year we do not lose three games by 13-10! I am confident MR and group will find the way!!! GBR

Not a KF fan at all, but with their D & ST’s they find ways to win without an even mediocre O!! N and MR need to find the way to win games, especially the one score games, which we have been miserable at! With reduction of turnovers, hopefully this year we do not lose three games by 13-10! I am confident MR and group will find the way!!! GBR
I suspect our offense gets a 5 pts a game average boost. That is low side, and how our D fares will determine the season.
If those 5 points are more time off the clock, ends in better field position etc, it'll show big.
We are in situational football now, a variable offensive scheme. We were hampered last year with our injuries. I think we pull it off well.
This is how you hurt good defenses. How good we will be isn't settled, but our O will help our D this year besides just putting up points. Thats winning football.

Last edited:
I suspect our offense gets a 5 pts a game average boost. That is low side, and how our D fares will determine the season.
If those 5 points are more time off the clock, ends in better field position etc, it'll show big.
We are in situational football now, a variable offensive scheme. We were hampered last year with our injuries. I think we pull it off well.
This is how you hurt good defenses. How good we will be isn't settled, but our O will help our D this year besides just putting up points. Thats winning football.
Harumph

People think this is complementary football, but it isn't. Match that D with an equally good O to play against. How easy it for an opposing teams D to beat their O.
Iowa doesn't win against teams with very good offenses very often.
Can even be beat by teams with one great player on offense.

I'm not saying Iowa intentionally doesn't try to field a good O - they just have struggled to get good offensive playmakers to go there in recent years.

So, you play to the strengths of the team you have. Play a conservative offense, don't beat yourself with mistakes and turnovers, and try to keep the game low-scoring and close.

I find it interesting that fans of opposing teams (and sometimes their own fans!) and media types ridicule Iowa for their game management when they consistently win 9 or 10 games per year. It's not pretty and seems like they win with smoke and mirrors at times; but, they do win and must be doing something right.

Last edited:

I'm not saying Iowa intentionally doesn't try to field a good O - they just have struggled to get good offensive playmakers to go there in recent years.

So, you play to the strengths of the team you have. Play a conservative offense, don't beat yourself with mistakes and turnovers, and try to keep the game low-scoring and close.

I find it interesting that fans of opposing teams (and sometimes their own fans!) and media types ridicule Iowa for their game management when they consistently win 9 or 10 games per year. It's not pretty and seems like they win with smoke and mirrors at times; but, they do win and must be doing something right.
They lost to us two years ago, new staff, turmoil etc. One qb one wr was enough.
Most of what I've said is from Iowa fans, I trust their knowledge over my own here regarding KF.
It seems once you're past Iowa you pretty much stay there, IOW they've pretty much leveled off.

Most of what I've said is from Iowa fans, I trust their knowledge over my own here regarding KF.
Yeah, I'm behind enemy lines and hear the same. But, seems there was another fan base that wasn't satisfied with 9 wins every year and pushed for a change...just sayin'

Yeah, I'm behind enemy lines and hear the same. But, seems there was another fan base that wasn't satisfied with 9 wins every year and pushed for a change...just sayin'
And the mistake in Iowa is, those who do actually think they're in the same playing field, well good luck to them.
And for those who feel they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, having KF and post KF know better.
And Pelini was our KF. Riley matched Bo once, enough evidence there's better out there, and we have that now.
Iowa? They dug their hole while successful too promoting a good O line coach to O coordinator and since their O lines just been OK, they can't keep or recruit decent qbs or wrs, we've seen this all too.
Get an decent qb with no one around him, qb gets hurt etc.

Likely when KF goes, so does Parker, then its over.

Last edited:
Wisconsin leads the series 13-4! Pretty sad for us!

1716035582336.png
:mad: o_O

Last edited:

Wisconsin leads the series 13-4! Pretty sad for us!

View attachment 107041 :mad: o_O
Going 1-11 since we’ve joined the B1G will do that to you.
5 of those 11 losses are one score games including 2 lost in OT.

Wisconsin series is symptomatic of my biggest concern … overcoming 2 decades of snatching losses out of the jaws of victory. Will we be mentally tough enough to win a close game? Will we fold when the pressure is on? You cannot simulate those kind of things in practice, it’s an experiential thing

Paul Chryst said after the 2022 game that he knew in Q4 they were going to win and NU was going to fold because they’ve done it before (win a close game) and so has NU (lost a close game).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back