• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3 Top 10 Matches This Week

Paramus

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
#7 Stanford plays at #10 Washington - this Friday on ESPN at 8 PM Central

#8 Wisconsin plays at #4 Michigan - Saturday on ABC at 2:30 PM Central

#3 Louisville plays at #5 Clemson - Saturday on ABC at 7 PM Central

Washington at #10 is a real head scratcher to me. They were 7-6 last year and tied for second to last in their division. They've beaten no one of even remote significance: Rutgers, Idaho, Portland St., and Arizona (in OT). What gives?

Washington at #10 is a real head scratcher to me. They were 7-6 last year and tied for second to last in their division. They've beaten no one of even remote significance: Rutgers, Idaho, Portland St., and Arizona (in OT). What gives?

Not to sound negative but Nebraska is currently in the same exact boat. Ranked 15th, 6-7 last year, and have beaten no one of significance to date: Fresno St. (1-3), Wyoming (2-2), Oregon (2-2), Northwestern (1-3).

Not to sound negative but Nebraska is currently in the same exact boat. Ranked 15th, 6-7 last year, and have beaten no one of significance to date: Fresno St. (1-3), Wyoming (2-2), Oregon (2-2), Northwestern (1-3).

True, others have lost while we haven't. But how in the heck were they preseason #14 with a 7-6 record last year? I suppose we'll see how accurate the voters were, but it is still baffling to me.

True, others have lost while we haven't. But how in the heck were they preseason #14 with a 7-6 record last year? I suppose we'll see how accurate the voters were, but it is still baffling to me.
It's a questionable starting position, but it'll work itself out. They'll either lose and be exposed and drop in the polls, or they'll win and be vindicated and rise/stay where they are. Any teams that end up as conference champions will have the chance to prove themselves against each other. Washington will have to run a gauntlet of pain to get to that point. If they make it through, they'll prove they belong. If they don't make it through, they'll drop and their preseason/current rankings won't matter at that point.

If we just win our own games, everything will work out fine.

Wow, I did not know that. That is a head scratcher.

Last edited:
Clemson only getting 1.5, might have to jump on Louisville hard.

Lamar Jackson is a dangerous runner. Last week Marshall loaded up their defense to stop his running so he decided to pass for 410 yards. Seems like there is no solution for that guy.

If that's the case, NU will be exposed sooner rather than later? Not sure anyone should be able to expose them, less Ohio State. Like the coach says repeatedly in varsity blues, "take advantage".

Clemson only getting 1.5, might have to jump on Louisville hard.
The Louisville sluggers are going to pound the Tigers up side their collective heads come Saturday. Clemson better play better than they did against Alabama in the title game last year, they are going to need it.

I mostly agree but, at the time, Oregon was ranked 21/22

It is not a head scratcher any longer. Now #10 looks too low for them.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back