• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dave Lamont, Kelly Stouffer will handle call of Nebraska-Illinois on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uggh! Stouffer did nothing but tear us apart when he did the broadcast a few weeks earlier. He nitpicked the
entire game. Most of the time, he just ripped Tommy up and down. I was tempted to turn off the sound. He and Cunningham drive me crazy!

:Catfight:

He was ripping Tommy based on last year. Don't see how he can go after him after these first four games.

He was ripping Tommy based on last year. Don't see how he can go after him after these first four games.
TA makes the slightest mistake that "creep" will be all over him........ :mad: He is really annoying to listen to IMO. Probably just turn the sound off and watch the game. :Biggrin:

Back to the op; I think Stouffer is okay. He is a Nebraska kid and a former QB. I think he criticizes from that standpoint unlike Cunningham who I believe does it from a standpoint of being "different" and making his mark. Cunningham used to be pretty pro NU; not sure what happened.

Back to the op; I think Stouffer is okay. He is a Nebraska kid and a former QB. I think he criticizes from that standpoint unlike Cunningham who I believe does it from a standpoint of being "different" and making his mark. Cunningham used to be pretty pro NU; not sure what happened.

I don't remember Ed Cunningham ever being pro Nebraska. I think he is pretty nuetral on his analysis of teams. I just get really tired of his harping on the targeting thing and making the game safer. I think he would prefer a flag football game.

Most color guys I am pretty meh about, the one color guy that I really never liked was Gary Danielson when he used to work for ABC back in the late 90's. You could always tell his distain for option football. In his mind QB should be drop back pocket passers.

Couldn't stand Stouffer's comments the first game. How many times do we need to hear about Tommy's bad footwork. Its like Stouffer wasn't intelligent enough to talk about any other aspect of the game.

So was Steve Pederson. :Facepalm:

So was Steve Pederson. :Facepalm:
He still is/ I know this is an unpopular stance. What I think happened with SP was that although he did love NE football. He had risen too fast and thought he was smarter than everyone else. So he made some really dumb calls. Whether he was the Ad or not I think FS would have been fired within a few years either way. Firing FS was maybe not the mistake as much as a poor hire to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back