• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lightbourn

There truly are some sour Mother Texas wankers on here when we lose. It's a football game people, the sun will rise tomorrow, jumpin' jeezers.

Just a note ... Foltz was a walk-on.
Foltz had plenty of shanks his first year...not as many as CL but enough to cause concern. CL probably just needs a shrink because no one punts that badly without fear of failure on his mind.

Last edited:

I will say one concern I have... he is being asked to kick 3 different ways, typical spiral for hang time which must turnover (shanks happen here because of poor drops), end over end trying to down inside the 10 and then the roll out rugby style.

That is a lot to ask of a true freshman. Caleb needs to focus on the spiral technique all off season and perfect his drop... it's not his leg strength that is the problem.

Last edited:
I will say one concern I have... he is being asked to kick 3 different ways, typical spiral for hang time which must turnover (shanks happen here because of poor drops), end over end trying to down inside the 10 and then the roll out rugby style.

That is a lot to ask of a true freshman. Caleb needs to focus on the spiral technique all off season and perfect his drop... it's not his leg strength that is the problem.

Hope you're right because that hasn't been overly impressive, either. I really thought CL turned the corner with the Oregon game, but that has not been the case.

That is a great point. Good post.

I think the kid will be just fine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back